This afternoon the first of the Omnitrans New Flyer Xcelsior buses hit the streets on its maiden voyage. Passengers on Route 14 were excited and happy to be the first ones to have the opportunity to ride. “We’re making history!” someone shouted from the back of the bus, and everyone laughed.
People loved the new fleet graphics and gave the bus high marks for coolness, comfort and roominess. They can’t wait to ride again!
Coach Operator Elaine Sanchez was at the helm of the New Flyer Xcelsior for the historic trip. Elaine was recently honored with the Omnitrans Employee of the Quarter award for her outstanding customer service.
Omnitrans CEO Milo climbed aboard on his way to a meeting, always happy to get a chance to meet some of our passengers.
This mom and her new baby were among the first passengers to board.
Renee Compton was the first wheelchair passenger on the New Flyer Xcelsior
Mr. Jones was the first bike passenger to join us on the trip. He just recently starting biking and taking Omnitrans to save the expense of gas money.
Do you like this story and want to use it for your blog or newsletter? All our stories may be freely re-posted and shared with others!
Do you have a great Omnitrans story to share? Let us know!
Join Omnitrans in a free community event to unveil the transit agency’s new logo, colors and slogan. The celebration is scheduled for Wednesday, August 15th from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. It will be held in the Carousel Mall 4th St. parking lot across from Stater Bros between F & G Streets.
Fun, Food and Giveaways
- Rock out to your favorite tunes with KOLA 99.9 FM
- Enjoy delicious coffee and donuts from Frankie’s Donuts and Grinders.
- Get the first public look at our 2012 New Flyer Xcelsior Transit buses with updated fleet graphics.
- Explore our exclusive Travel Training bus, a community outreach tool designed to educate first time riders.
- Share a photo op with our updated agency mascot, Buster.
- Meet some of our featured riders including Kathleen, Bert, Christine and Krystle
- Receive cool giveaways branded with the new Omnitrans logo
Rack and Roll Bike Contest
- Attendees can enter on location for a chance to compete in a timed race to load a bike onto the bus rack.
- Everyone who enters the contest will receive a free 1-Day Bus Pass.
- Three competitors will be randomly drawn to participate in the race.
- First prize is a new bike, with second and third place prizes to be announced.
- There will also be a 2nd chance drawing with cool prizes for those in attendance.