Don’t normally ride transit? Be kind (and overall awesome) to the Earth and ride Omnitrans free the week of Earth Day – April 22-26, 2019!
Our transportation use is responsible for 26% of greenhouse gases emitted in the United States. Riding Omnitrans for just one day, instead of driving your car, cuts carbon emissions by 20 pounds. Over a year, that translates to nearly 5,000 pounds of emissions! Our fleet of 178 transit buses is powered by natural gas, resulting in less pollution, which means cleaner air for us all to breathe.
If we’ve convinced you to go green for Earth Week, here’s how to redeem your mobile 1-day pass:
- Download the free Token Transit app by texting TOKEN to 41411 or click here from your smartphone.
- Once your account is created, visit www.tokentransit.com/omniearthweek2019 to access the free pass beginning on April 22. One per person.
- That’s it. That’s the trick. You’re ready to save on gas and leave your car at home. Simply flash your paperless pass to the driver when boarding Omnitrans.
But wait – there’s more! We want you to let the world know what you’re doing to honor it and help preserve it. Omnitrans will be giving away three pairs of Regal Cinemas movie tickets to randomly drawn winners. To participate:
- Post a photo of your act of kindness to the planet on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, tagging @Omnitrans. This can be a selfie of you riding the bus or picking up trash at a bus stop or transit center, for example.
- The picture must be shared during Earth Week, April 22-26, 2019. The three winners will be chosen and contacted on Monday, April 29, 2019.
For personalized trip planning assistance, use the online Trip Planner at Omnitrans.org, or give us a call at 1-800-966-6428. The free day pass is good on any of the Omnitrans bus routes, including sbX rapid transit and OmniGo community shuttles, but not on Access paratransit service.
If your transit commute requires train and bus, Metrolink is offering free rides on Monday, April 22, 2019. For those details, visit Metrolink.com.