Every Friday in October and November, paying sbX passengers can bring a friend along for free! Why? Because riding is always more fun with two!
It’s the perfect opportunity to grab a quick lunch along Hospitality Lane with a co-worker, take in a matinee with your child at the Regal Cinema , or do a little shopping with your best friend at Inland Center Mall. Best of all, you don’t have to worry about traffic or parking. You and your friend can simply relax and have a great conversation while enjoying the luxury interior of our sbX coach.
Pedro is a student and part time DJ, and his friend Lexy works at a local restaurant. They regularly travel together on sbX and say that it’s a very different experience from the normal Omnitrans coaches.
“You get a different type of rider on sbX,” says Pedro. “There’s a lot of professionals and students. It’s also fast. We save hours in travel time each day between all our trips.”
Lexy nods, “True. It’s convenient because it stops close to most of the places we go to. And I like the outlets and free Wi-Fi.” She laughs. “I’m always looking for a place to charge my phone!”
So how does “Friends Ride Free Fridays” work? It’s simple.
- The free rider must be accompanied by an sbX passenger with a valid pass or proof of payment.
- Both riders must board and exit together.
- The offer is exclusively for our sbX Green Line service, and not good on Omnitrans, OmniGo or Access buses
- Friends Ride Free Fridays runs through October and November 2014
So grab a friend next Friday and treat yourselves to a first class trip aboard sbX. You both deserve it! For more information visit our sbX page at http://www.omnitrans.org/services/sbx/
It’s finally here! Our new sbX rapid transit service starts on Monday, and you can ride FREE between April 28th and May 2nd. Ambassadors will be on hand at every station to answer questions and guide you along the way. It’s a fast, fun, first class transit experience you will love.
Hours of Operation:
- Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Service runs every 10 minutes during peak hours, (6:00-9:00 a.m.; 2:00-6:00 p.m. NB, 3:00-6:00 SB)
- Service runs every 15 minutes during non-peak hours, (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
sbX Fares and Payment Options
- sbX fares are the same as for Omnitrans fixed routes.
- To speed up boarding, passengers are encouraged to buy a pass in advance at a pass outlet or at a ticket vending machine at the sbX stations. Ticket vending machines accept credit or debit card payments only.
- Cash customers should board at the door closest to the front and pay the exact amount at the fare box by the driver.
- Prepaid passes can be activated and swiped at fare validators located at all doors. Be prepared to show proof of payment while on board.
- Spacious interiors: enhanced seating for 38 plus 65 standee capacity
- Each vehicle can accommodate two wheelchairs or mobility devices, including one new rear-facing, self-securement position.
- On-board Wi-Fi and convenient power outlets make it easy to surf the web or charge your smart device.
- Bikes roll directly on board to secure safely and easily in one of our 4 convenient interior bike racks.
- Passengers know exactly when and where to get on or off with our visual and audible stop announcements.
sbX Station Features
- Platform-level boarding allows easy entry and exit.
- Ticket vending machines enable riders to purchase passes using a credit or debit card.
- Digital signs display arrival times
- Closed circuit cameras monitor platform security 24/7.
- Inspired art designs capture the culture and heritage of the communities served
- Canopies and wind screens offer protection from wind, sun and rain