How to Ride
Using the Bike Rack
Using the Bike Rack
With bike racks available on Omnitrans fixed-route buses (excluding OmniGo), you can bring your bike along for the ride and there is no extra charge. Some Omnitrans buses can carry two bikes, and other buses can carry three bikes. Bicycle racks may be used anytime buses are operating. Bikes may be loaded and unloaded at designated stops only. If the rack is full, wait for the next bus. Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus. Motorized bikes are not allowed. Omnitrans is not responsible for damage incurred or caused by or to bicycles on Omnitrans bicycle racks.
- The tire size of your bicycle must be at least 20" in diameter. This excludes most children's bicycles.
- Children under the age of 14 may use racks only if accompanied by a bus-riding adult (age 18 and over).
- Bikes with child seats, large carriers or other attachments are not allowed if they are considered hazardous or impair visibility.
Getting Ready to Load Your Bike
As the bus approaches have your bike ready to load from the curb side and signal to the driver. Remove any items like knapsacks, water bottles and tire pumps that might fall off, or create a hazard. You may wish to secure your bike to the rack with a lock, however this is not necessary to safely transport your bike.
Loading Your Bike
Always load and unload from the curb side. For safety reasons, the driver is not allowed to help you load or unload your bicycle. You are responsible for properly securing your bike to the rack. The driver will not move the bus until your bike appears to be safely secured with the supporting arm.
- Grab the bar on the front of the bike rack and pull down to unfold it.
- Lift your bike onto the rack, fitting the tires into the wheel slots.
- Pull the support arm out and up over the tire to secure it in place.
Unloading Your Bike
Before you get off the bus, tell the driver you want to unload your bicycle.
- Pull the support arm out and down over the tire to release it from the tire. If you have locked your bicycle to the rack, be sure to unlock it now.
- Lift your bike out of the rack and on to the curb. If the rack is empty, fold up the rack to the locked position. Stand clear of the bus.
- Signal to the driver when you are finished unloading your bike.
Get real time arrival information via text message, online or by phone! For more information click here
Purchase passes, merchandise and more. Click here to visit the Omnitrans online store.