How to Ride
Rules of the Road
The following are a few basic rules regarding riding the bus, to make your ride and that of your fellow passengers, safe, comfortable, and enjoyable.
- When walking to and from your bus seat, use the handrails along the aisle, overhead and on the bus doors to ensure steady footing.
- Stay seated while the bus is moving. If the bus is crowded and you need to stand, please hold on to the handrails.
- Keep your arms, legs and other personal belongings out of the aisle.
- If you are sitting in an aisle-facing seat, please be courteous and offer it to boarding passengers who are senior citizens or have a disability.
- If you have a child with you, be sure to hold their hand when boarding and exiting. If you have a stroller, fold it up and store it out of the way of other passengers. Non-folding strollers should be taken to the back of the bus. While you are riding, hold babies and small children on your lap. For their safety, children are not allowed to board, exit, or ride while in a stroller.
- To ensure that everyone has a clean and comfortable trip, no eating, drinking or smoking is allowed. Please do not use profanity on the bus. And no feet on the seats, please.
- Loud noises may distract your driver. Please do not play radios or make other loud noises while riding, and please do not talk to the driver while the bus is moving.
- Do not act or make comments that could be perceived as threatening to other passengers or your driver. Under the Patriot Act of 2001, violent acts against mass transportation workers, vehicles and facilities are federal crimes.
- Once the bus has pulled away from the stop, please don't try to board or exit.
- After exiting the bus and the bus pulls away, use crosswalks to cross the street. Remember that jaywalking is illegal and dangerous.
- Vandalism is a crime. If you are caught defacing any Omnitrans property, you will be detained for the police and prosecuted. If you see graffiti on a bus, shelter or sign, help us keep your neighborhood clean by reporting it to Omnitrans at 1-(800) 9-OMNIBUS (1-800-966-6428).
- Please be patient with our Operators while they are on their meal or rest break. They will begin boarding passengers as soon as their break time is over. California Industrial Welfare Order 9-2001 mandates meal and rest break periods for all Transit Coach Operators. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please respect the environment by recycling your Bus Book and placing your trash in a trashcan, not on board the bus or at a stop.
Get real time arrival information via text message, online or by phone! For more information click here
Purchase passes, merchandise and more. Click here to visit the Omnitrans online store.